Awards and Recognition
- Received 1st prize for securing 1st position in B. Sc. Biochemical Engg. Examination (1976).
- Received 1st prize for securing 1st position in M. Tech Biochemical Engg Examination (1978).
- Recipient of National Overseas Scholarship for Ph. D. studies sponsored by Ministry of Human Resource Development, New Delhi (1985 - 1990).
- Recipient of "UNESCO Fellowship Award" for Advanced Studies in Biochemical Engineering Biotechnology for six months (September, 1993 - February, 1994) at Delft University of Technology, The Netherland.
- Recipient of "Biotechnology Overseas Associate-ship" for short term (3 months, 18 May, 1999 to 18 August, 1999) Advanced Research assignment at Institut fur Technische Chemie, Der Universitat, Hannover (Germany).
- Recipient of "Biotechnology Overseas Associate-ship" for short term (3 months, 27th April, 2006 to 27th July, 2006) Advanced Research assignment at Institute of Technology and Engineering, Massey University, Palmerston North, New Zealand.
Past Administrative Assignments in IIT Delhi
- Warden Jawalamukhi Hostel (From 1st September 1995 to 31st August 1998).
- Head of the Department (From 1st September 2005 to 31st August 2008).
Member of the Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, Calcutta (India) (Membership Number – M 10777), Member Biotechnology Research Society of India (Membership Number – LM-201), Member Association of Food Scientists and Technologists (India). Life Member Association of Microbiologists of India (Membership Number – 2568-2008). Editorial Board Member for Process Biochemistry, U.K. (2006-2011), Journal of Food Science and Technology, Mysore (India), Journal of Applied Biochemistry and Biotechnology, Springer, Germany.
Acknowledged Contributions - Listed in Marquis Who’s Who® Publications 2012 USA