1. Recipient of Sulochana & Colonel A Krishnaswami VrC VSM** Faculty Lifetime Research Award-2018 at IIT Delhi
2. Recipient of Academic Excellence Award - NPSC 2018.
3. Recipient of “Faculty Research Award as a Most Outstanding Researcher” in the field of Engineering-2018 by Shri Prakash Javadekar, Honorable Union Minister of Human Resource Development, Government of India, sponsored by Careers-360.
4. Recipient of IEEE PES Nari Hingorani Custom Power Award-2017, USA.
5. Recipient of Shri Om Prakash Bhasin Award-2014 in the field of Engineering including Energy & Aerospace.
6. Recipient of Khosla National Research Award of IIT Roorkee in the year 2013.
7. Recipient of The Institution Prize (Donated by Col GN Bajpai) on a research paper entitled, “Solid State Controller for Micro Hydro based Standalone Power Generation,” published in Journal of Institution of Engineers (India), in the year 2009.
8. Recipient of JC Bose Memorial Award of IETE for best engineering science oriented paper entitled “Modeling, Simulation and Development of Isolated Cuk AC-DC Converter in DCM and CCM Operation,” published in IETE Journal of Research in the year 2009.
9. Recipient of PES Delhi Chapter Outstanding Engineer Award for the year 2006.
10. Recipient of Maharashtra State National Award of Indian Society for Technical Education (ISTE) in recognition of his Outstanding Research Work in the area of Power Quality-in 2006.
11. Recipient of 18th Bimal K Bose Award of The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) for his contribution in the field of Power Electronics in year 2001.
12. Recipient of Railway Board Medal of Institution of Engineers (India) for Research Paper –in 2000.
13. Recipient of Best Paper Presentation Award in 18th NSC-1995 on Research Paper entitled, “Fuzzy Logic Controller for a Permanent Magnet Brush-less DC Motor Drive” in the year 1995.
14. Recipient of Khosla Research Prize of University of Roorkee in year 1991 on a Research Paper entitled “Performance Characteristics and Optimum Utilization of a Cage Machine as Capacitor Excited Induction Generator” published in IEEE Trans. on Energy Conversion 1991.
15. Merit Scholarship in B.E. (Electrical) during 1976-77.
16. JC Bose Memorial Award of The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE) for his best engineering science oriented paper entitled “A Microcontroller Based Speed Controller for Permanent Magnet Brushless DC Motor”, published in IETE Technical Review in the year 2000.
17. Recipient of Best Paper Presentation Award in 24th National Systems Conference (NSC) on a Research Paper-in 2000.
18. Got elected as a Distinguish Lecturer (DL) of IEEE PES (USA) in Distinguish Lecturer Program (DLP) wef 2005.
19. Received an IEEE-PES Outstanding Large Chapter Award in 2006 as a Chapter Chair of IEEE PES-IAS Delhi Chapter based on the Chapter activities of 2005.
20. Received an IEEE-IAS Outstanding Chapter Award in 2009 as a Chapter Chair of IEEE PES-IAS Delhi Chapter based on the Chapter activities of 2008.
21. Received an IEEE-PES Best Chapter Performance Award to PES Delhi Chapter in recognition of outstanding Performance during the past ten years and in celebration of the 125th Anniversary of PES in 2009.
22. Four Ph.D. students (Dr. KR Rajagopal, Dr. Vipin Kumar, Dr. Sanjay Gairola and Dr. Vashist Bist) and one M.Tech. Student (Mr. Jitendra Solanki) got Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) Awards for the Most Innovative Potential Projects at Doctorate and Master Levels in Engineering.
23. One Ph.D. student (Dr. Vipin Kumar) got Foundation for Innovation and Technology Transfer (FITT) Best Thesis Award.
24. One Ph.D. student (Dr. Vipin Kumar) got VMM Award of IIT Roorkee on his research work.
25. Honorary Editor, Journal of Research, The Institution of Electronics and Telecommunication Engineers (IETE), in the field of Power Electronics 2003-Present.
26. Associate Editor, IEEE Transactions on Industrial Electronics 2010-Present.
27. Editor, International Journal of Electric Power Components and Systems 2010-Present.
28. Editor, Journal of Power Electronics 2010-Present.
29. Editor, International Journal of Power Electronics (Inder-science) 2010-Present.
30. Chairman, GATE (Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering)-2006.
31. Organizing Chairman, JAM-2006 (Joint Admission Test to M. Sc. in IIT System)-2006.
32. Vice-Chairman, GATE (2004, 2005).
33. Secretary (Technical Chair), IEEE-IAS 2004 Petroleum and Chemical Industry India Conference, New Delhi, November 9-10, 2004.
34. Vice-Chairman, JAM (2005).
35. Member of Section-V Committee of the Council of Indian National Academy of Engineering (INAE) for Fellow Grade Selection (2005-2009).
36. Expert Member of RDC (Research Doctoral Committee) of Electrical Engineering of Rajiv Gandhi Technical University (MP), (2002-2006).
37. Senate Member of Thapar Institute of Engineering & Technology, Patiala (2007-2009).
38. Expert Member of RDC (Research Doctoral Committee) of Electrical Engineering of Uttar Pradesh Technical University (2005-2012).
39. Technical Track Chair, IEEE International Symposium on Industrial Electronics (ISIE-2006), Montréal, Québec, Canada, July 9-12, 2006.
40. Executive Vice Chairman, IEEE Delhi Section 2008-2012.
41. Expert Member of RDC (Research Doctoral Committee) of Electrical Engineering of Uttarakhand Technical University (2008-2012).
42. Chairman, PES-IAS Delhi Chapter 2005-2010, (PES-IAS Delhi Chapter won Outstanding Chapter Award-2005 Large and High Performance Chapter Award Every Year).
43. Chairman, PELS-IES Delhi Chapter 2007-2010 and Founder Chairman, PELS-IES Delhi Chapter.
44. Secretary, PES-IAS Delhi Chapter 2004.
45. General Chair, IEEE International Conference PEDES-2006, New Delhi, India, 12-15 December 2006.
46. Vice-Chair of International IEEE POWERCON2008 &2008 IEEE Power India Conference held at Inter-Continental the Grand, New Delhi, India from 12th-15th October 2008.
47. General Co-Chair, IEEE International Conference PEDES-2010, New Delhi, India, 20-23 December 2010.
48. MOU Coordinator, ABB Ltd. 2006-2012.
49. MOU Coordinator, IITD-ETS Montreal Canada 2008-Till Now.
50. MOU Coordinator, CEA, 2012-2017.
51. Expert Member of Delhi Electricity Regulatory Board, New Delhi.
52. Expert Member of Indo-US Projects, DST, Government of India.
53. Expert Member of DSIR Projects, DST, Government of India.
54. Expert Member of PAC, SERB, DST, Government of India.
55. Expert Member of FIST, DST, Government of India.
56. Expert Member of MNRE Projects, Government of India.
57. External Examiners of MS(R), M.Tech. and ME Thesis of IISc, DTU, NSIT, NITs.
58. External Examiners of PhD Thesis of IISc, IITs, NITs, NUS Singapore, Malaysia.
59. Expert Member of Faculty Selection Committee of IISc, IITs, NITs, BHU, AMU, NSIT, DTU.
60. Member of Board of Governors (BOG), NSIT, New Delhi.
61. Member of Academic Council, DTU, Delhi.
62. Expert Member of National Steering Committee (NSC) of “National Mission on Power Electronics Technology” Phase-II (NaMPET-II) Programme, MeitY, Government of India.
63. Head of Electrical Engineering (July 2014-July-2016).
64. Dean (Academics), IIT Delhi (August 2016- 31st August 2019)
65. Chairman, BOG, Maulana Azad National Institute of Technology, Bhopal, from 3rd July 2018 for 3 Years.
66. Non-official Independent Director, NTPC Limited, from 17th July 2018 for 3 Years.