Welcome to my homepage. I am a theoretical condensed matter physicist looking at properties of various quantum condensed matter systems such as ultra cold atoms (Quantum Simulation), Transport in relativistic and non-relativistic low dimensional electron system( Quantum Hall, Graphene, Topological Insulators, Weyl Fermions etc.)
I shall be co-ordinating a GIAN course where Prof. Shivaji L. Sondhi from Physics Department, Princeton University (USA), will be delivering seven two hour lectures from 26th August, 2017 to 1st September, 2017. The title of the course is “ An introduction to Topological Insulators and Superconductors”. For more details on the course see the GIAN website link.
( Advertisement for Ph.D. and Post Doctoral postions)
A JRF position under the DAE-SRC outstanding investigator scheme may soon be available
Some recent publications are here.
1. Crossover between magnetic and electric edges in Quantum Hall Systems, Alain Nogaret, Puja Mondal, Ankip Kumar, Sankalpa Ghosh, Harvey Beere and David Ritchie , Phys. Rev. B ( Rapid Communication), 96, 081302(R) (2017). ( Read the paper)
2. Hydrodynamic theory of rotating ultracold Bose-Einstein condensates in Supersolid phase, Rashi Sachdeva and Sankalpa Ghosh, J. Phys. B At. Mol. Opt. Physics, 48, 105301 (2015).
3. Spin-orbit coupled Bose-Einstein Condensates in a cavity: Route to magnetic phases through cavity transmission: Bikash Padhi and Sankalpa Ghosh , Phys. Rev. A 90, 023627 (2014).
5. Fock-Space exploration by angle-resolved transmission through a quantum diffraction grating of cold atoms in optical lattice: Adhip Agarwala, Madhuriam Nath, Jasleen Lugani, K. Thyagarajan and Sankalpa Ghosh, Physical Review A, Vol. 85, 063606 (2012).
6. Density Wave- Supersolid and Mott Insulator –Superfluid transition in presence of artificial gauge field: A strong coupling perturbation approach, Physical Review A, Vol. 85, 013642 (2012).
7. Electron Optics with Dirac Fermions: Electron Transport in Monolayer and Bilayer Graphene through magnetic barrier and their superlattices: Neetu Agrawal (Garg), Sankalpa Ghosh and Manish Sharma, International Journal of Modern Physics B, Vol 27, 1341003 (2013). (Invited Review Article: Free to read.)
8. Electron Transport and Goos Hanchen Shift with electric and magnetic barriers: optical analogy and band structure. Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, Vol 23, 055501 (2011). ( Google Scholar Citation 50+)
9. Electron optics with magnetic vector potential barriers in Graphene, Sankalpa Ghosh and Manish Sharma, Journal of Physics Condensed Matter, Vol 21, 292204 (2009). ( Fast Track Communication, Free to Read.) (Google Scholar Citation 100+)
Researcher id Profile
There is not only Dirac Equation: But also Dirac Entertainment:
Current Ph. D. Students : Puja Mondal (2012), Manisha Arorra (2013), Inderpreet Kaur (2014), Poornima Shakya (2015), Shahrukh Selim (2015)
Dr. Priyam Das is working as a RA from May, 2016
Dr. Rashi Sachdeva is now a postdoctoral fellow in the “Quantum system Unit “ group in Okinawa Institute of Science and Technology, Japan.
Dr. Jasleen Lugani is now a post doctoral fellow in Oxford University
Bikash Padhi is now a graduate student in UIUC, Illinois.
Congratulations to Dr. Rashi Sachdev and Dr. Jasleen Lugani who recently received their Ph.Ds. Read their thesis
Dr. Neetu Agrawal recently defended her Ph. D. Thesis successfully. Congratulations! Read Neetu’s Thesis.
Our Quantum Condensed Matter Group recently received two Z1 HP Workstations from the Institute Research Grant to boost our research. Thank You IITD!
1. Cold atomic gases (A useful site for BEC watchers)
2. Graphene (To know more about graphene click here)
3. Ultra cold atoms in optical cavity
4. Topological Insulators
1. DAE SRC OUTSTANDING INVESTIGATOR AWARD (2013-14) in PHYSICS and GEOLOGY DIVISION (JULY, 2015).
2. We have BEEN AWARDED PROJECT UNDER UGC-UKIERI THEMATIC AWARD (DURATION: 2014-2016) ON “Electro OPTICAL PROPERTIES OF MAGNETICALLY MODULATED GRAPHENE”. THE PROJECT WILL BE JOINTLY IMPLENETD WITH THE EXPERIMENTAL TEAM iN UK.
3. An INVITED REVIEW ARTICLE ON DIRAC ELECTRON OPTICS IN GRAPHENE WAS PUBLISHED IN INTERNATIONAL JOURNAL OF MODERN PHYSICS B. THE ACCESS TO THE ARTICLE IS FREE.
4. A figuRe From the PAPer WITH ADHIP AGARWALA, MadhuRIMA NATH, JasLEEN LUGANI WAS SELECTED FOR THE KALEIDOSCOPE IMAGE FOR PHYSICAL REVIEW A IN MONTH OF JUNE, 2012. SEE THE IMAGE
7. Our RESEARCH ON GRAPHENE WAS HIGHLIGHTED IN A SPECIAL ISSUE of “PROCEEDINGS OF INSA” on the OCCASION OF GOLDEN JUBILEE OF IIT DELHI. FOLLOW THE LINK
Vintage stuffs: ( With my Post Doctoral and Ph.D. advisors and collaboratorsJ)
1. Eric Akkermans, Sankalpa Ghosh and Ziad H. Musslimani: Numerical study of one dimensional and interacting Bose-Einstein condensates in a random potential: J. Phys. B: At. Mol. Opt. Phys. 41 (2008) 045302 (listed in IOP select) cited by (27)
2. M. Takahashi, Sankalpa Ghosh, T. Mizushima and K. Machida, Spinor Dipolar Bose-Einstein Condensate:Classical Spin approach: Physical Review Letters, 98,260403 (2007).cited by (29)
4. Assa Auerbach, Daniel P. Arovas and Sankalpa Ghosh: Quantum Tunneling of vortices in two-dimenisonal condensates, Physical Review B, 74,064511 (2006) (12)
5. Sankalpa Ghosh : Vortices in atomic Bose Einstein condensates: An Introduction, Phase Transition, Vol 77, pp 623-674 (2004) cited by (9)
To download home page template (readme.doc file) click here.