HomeTeachingResearchPublicationsReports & TalksNewsMiscellaneousPeople
### Tapan Kumar Gandhi
Department of Electrical Engineering
Indian Institute of Technology Delhi
+91 (011) 2659-1153
Email: email@example.com, firstname.lastname@example.org
#### Areas of Interest
Computational Neuroscience, Biomedical Instrumentations, Digital Signal and Image Processing, Computer Vision, Machine Learning, Assistive Technology.
- Ph.D. in Biomedical Engineering from Indian Institute of Technology Delhi (2007-2011), Sponsored candidate, Project PRAKASH, MIT, USA.
- **Thesis title: Behavioral & Neurophysiological Correlates of Object Representation and Evidence of Neural Plasticity.**
- M.Tech. in Bioelectronics from Tezpur Central University, India (2004-2006) with 1st class and Distinction.
- **Thesis title: Electro-oculogram based multimode embedded controller to assist severely disabled.**
- Asst. Professor, Dept. of Electrical Engineering, IIT Delhi
- Research Affiliate, Massachusetts Institute of Technology, USA
- Postdoctoral research associate, Dept. of Brain and Cognitive Sciences, MIT, USA
- Research Associate in ‘Project Prakash’, MIT, Shroff Charity Eye Hospital, New Delhi (May’11-Jan’12)
- NASI-YOUNG SCIENTIST PLATINUM JUBILEE AWARD-2015 by the National Academy of Sciences, INDIA.
- Awarded INSPIRE faculty (2012-2017) in ‘Engineering and Technology’ Category by Ministry of Science and Technology, Govt. of India, 2012.
- Was selected in 20 members’ team by Institute of the future (IFTF), USA for technology forecast in next 25years, 2008.
- Awarded for Best international technical research paper by IEEE at University of Virginia, USA, 2007.
- Won silver medal for best innovation in India International Trade fair held at Pragati Maidan, New Delhi, India, 2006.
- Awarded Best Biomedical Engineering Project in I2Tech contest, held at Indian Institute of Technology, Delhi, by Alumni Association IIT-D, 2006.
- Awarded for best research in “All India students’ research contest” held at IT-BHU, 2006.
- Topped in Sambalpur University, Odisha among all U.G, P.G. courses and awarded double gold medal including ‘Gangadhar Meher Gold medal’ in master degree level (In presence of President of India, Dr. A.P.J Abdul Kalam, Governor of Orissa Mr. M.M.Rajendran & Chief Minister Mr Naveen Pattanayak), 2003.
- Samaj Scholarship at Master Degree level for scholastic achievement in Sambalpur University.
- Various awards in sports, extracurricular activities during School and College level including active volunteer in NSS.
#### Travel Grants
- Received NIH travel grant to present my research in VSS 2013, USA.
- Received MIT travel grant to present my research in ECVP 2012, Italy.
- Received Asian travel grant for autism research at Psycho-physiological meeting, Portland, USA, 2010.
- Received travel grant from society of neurology to attend ECNS-2010 joint meeting at Istanbul, Turkey, 2010.
- Received full financial support from DST, CSIR, INSA, IITD to participate in various scientiﬁc/technical activities abroad, (2007-2011).
- Appointed teaching faculty for MIT-HARVARD Summer school at IIT Delhi, 24th June- 6th July 2013.
- Selected and received advance training on multimodal neuroimaging at MGH-Harvard, 12th- 24th May, 2013.
- Received NIH/MIT fellowship for Post-doc research associate at MIT, USA, 2012.
- Received MIT Fellowship for Ph.D.
- Received NIH, USA funding and selected among best 30 candidates in the world to get advanced training on NeuroImaging at University of California, LA (UCLA), 2010.
- International Brain Research Organization (IBRO) fellowship for oral presentation in international conference on Neuroscience held at Bodrum, Turkey, 2008.