GPS: Group of Post-graduate Students
Department of Mechanical Engineering, IIT Delhi
Biweekly Research Seminar
Day: Every alternate Wednesday
Time: 3:30PM onwards (about 1.5 hours)
Venue: ME Seminar Room (II-422)/ presently Microsoft Teams Webinar
Next webinar: 10/03/2021
Time: 3:30 pm IST
Title: Interaction with alumni
Webinar Link: Click here to join the meeting
The seminar consists of 1 expert talk and three student’s talk. Expert talk consists of IIT Delhi faculty, faculty from other institute, industry expert talk and also motivational talks. The Ph. D research scholars of the department present their research work during 15 min slot for the general awareness of all other students and faculty. Faculty members, particularly, the supervisors are KINDLY requested to listen to the presentations by their students in order to give useful feedback. Other faculty members are also SPECIALLY invited to listen to the seminars in order to provide suggestions which are expected not only to improve the quality of presentations but also the quality of the research by the students.
All students are encouraged to prepare good presentations in terms of not putting so many equations as there are students from other specializations who may understand that much in depth. In order to make the presentations more entertaining, one may put a lot of pictures, graphs, and even animations/videos in their slides. Audience is also encouraged to ask questions to make the sessions more lively, interacting and effective.
for schedule for the PhD student’s talk.
Only change slot by swapping your slot with another student with mutual consent. Both students should make a request by email to both student and faculty GPS coordinators.
GPS Committee :-
· Prof. S. G. Deshmukh (HOD, MECHANICAL ENGINEERING DEPARTMENT)
· Prof. S. K. Saha
· Prof. Bahni Ray (Faculty Co-ordinator)
· Prof. Kusum Meena
· Prof. Mayank Kumar
· Prof. Kaushik Mukherjee
*** Thanking Prof. N. V. Datla (previous GPS Faculty Co-ordinator), Prof. D. Dasgupta, Prof. V. Ramamohan and Prof. Arnob Ghosh for being a part and supervising GPS team effectively.
Click here for last academic year GPS day celebration
Research Scholars :-
· Soham Das- GPS Ph. D Student Coordinator & Coordinator & Newsletter Chief Editor
· Abhishek Kandpal- Seminar & Mail Student Coordinator
· Hardik Patel- email@example.com (Ex-GPS Ph. D Student Coordinator & Coordinator & Newsletter Chief Editor :-Sept 2018- December 2019)
· Aman Preet Singh -firstname.lastname@example.org (Ex- Seminar & Mail Student Coordinator:-Sept 2018- December 2019)
· Dharmendra Jangra- email@example.com (Ex-GPS Ph. D Student Coordinator:-Sept 2017- August 2018)
· Chinmaya Mishra- firstname.lastname@example.org (Ex-ME_News_Chief_Editor:- Jan 2017- August 2018)
· Pradeep Kundu- email@example.com (GPS ME News Editor)
· Abhinava Chatterjee- firstname.lastname@example.org (Ex-GPS Ph. D Student Coordinator & Newsletter Chief Editor:-Jan 2016-August 2017) *Currently GPS advisor
· Arun Unnikrishnan- email@example.com (Ex-Seminar Coordinator:-Jan 2016-July 2017)
· Amitfirstname.lastname@example.org (Ex-Mailing Incharge:-Jan 2017-July 2017)
· Jaswant Hirwani -email@example.com (Ex-Mailing Incharge:-November 2016-Jan 2017)
Click here for viewing the current newsletter.
Click here for viewing the previous newsletter.
Click here to download the student portfolio template.
Click here for downloading template for webpage of PhD students
Click here for viewing different PhD student fellowships